Juicy Wings – The Ultimate Chicken
I didn’t come up with the name of this recipe, Juicy Wings, because the resulting chicken is muy moist though it is. A fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit and lemon juice marinade is how the chicken got its’ name. My perfect roasted chicken is essentially the same recipe but not entirely. How you cook a chicken is consistent if the same method is employed. But the flavors however, can be altogether unique.
The African Heritage Diet espouses eating any sort of meat, including chicken or fish, in moderation. Moderation in this case means dining twice a week upon wild caught seafood and fish, once a week or less for fowl. Plus, consuming less meat and more vegetables is not only good for our bodies, it is good for the planet. Juicy Wings fit into the world neatly.
My former gastroenterologist says that consumption of any animal products increases the likelihood of developing many forms of cancer. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am partnering with TGIN (Thank God It’s Natural) a Black owned, natural hair care company. TGIN Chief Executive Officer Chris-Tia Donaldson is a breast cancer survivor; she was 37 years old at the time of her diagnosis. Go to my Instagram or http://www.thankgoditsnatural.com for more information on breast cancer prevention.
- 1 32 ounce bag Trader Joe’s Organic Chicken Wings
- ½ Lemon
- ¼ Ruby Red Grapefruit
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary
- Poultry Seasoning
- Chef Curlardee Original Seasoning Use sparingly unless you desire hot wings.
- McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Redmond’s Real Salt
- Place thawed chicken in a baking dish ensuring that each piece is lying flat on the baking dish surface.
- Squeeze juice over chicken evenly. Then sprinkle with seasonings on both sides of the chicken. Add garlic and rosemary then place dish into the refrigerator for anywhere between 1 and 24 hours. The longer the marination, the better the flavor.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the temperature reaches 350 degrees, place chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, baste the chicken and reduce the heat to 325 degrees.
- Baste the chicken every 20 minutes for a total of 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from oven and serve.