Pozole Verde Soup
Pozole is a traditional Mexican soup made with tender pieces of pork, ancho chile and hominy.
Large Wooden Spoon
- 10 cups Water
- 1 lb Pork Tenderloin, cubed
- 1 lb Pork Baby Back Ribs Cut into individual ribs
- 30 ounce Organic Hominy, canned
- ¾ cup Dried Ancho Chile or Chile Powder
- 1 small Organic Red Onion
- 6 cloves Organic Garlic
- 2 tbsp Frontier Co-Op Mexican Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Frontier Co-Op Organic Harissa Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Dried Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seed, crushed
- 1 tbsp Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Organic Green Onions, chopped Garnish
- Fresh Organic Cilantro Garnish
- Organic Mixed Greens, torn Garnish
- Lime wedges Garnish
Place dried ancho chiles in a small bowl and cover with water. Soak 5 minutes. Retain water and add to the soup.
Crush cumin seeds with a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder reserved for spices.
Rough chop the chiles then add them and all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 1½ to 2 hours.
Serve with chopped onion, mixed greens, lime wedges and fresh tortillas.