Vegan Ranch Style Beans
Using an Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or a regular old, stove top pot, these Vegan Ranch Style Beans will be a hit at any Game Day event.
1 Paring Knife
1 Large Wooden Spoon
1 Large Pot
- 3 cups Organic Pinto Beans
- ½ cup Organic Olive Oil
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 2 Edward & Sons Not Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 2 tbsp Frontier Co-op Mexican Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Redmond's Real Salt
- 2 tsp Organic Cumin Seeds, dried
- 2 tsp Organic Rosemary
- 1 tsp Organic Cilantro, dried
- 4 dashes Colgin Mesquite Liquid Smoke
Rinse beans in a colander, place in a large pot and cover with approximately 5 to 6 cups of cold water. Note: Because the beans will absorb some of the water, but not as much as red beans, make sure there are two inches of water above the beans and allow to soak overnight.
In the morning, crush the Cumin Seeds with a mortar and pestle or a coffee grinder specifically designated for spices.
Add 2 additional cups of water and all the ingredients to the large pot.
Bring everything to a boil on high heat and then turn it down to low. (You can also use a pressure cooker, crock pot or instant pot but need to follow the directions for the specific device.)
Cook approximatley 3½ hours or until beans are tender to the bite and the liquid has significantly reduced and thickened.