Better than creamed corn and even on the cob, Fried Corn is deliciously sauteed with flour, seasonings and milk.
Medium to Large Knife
Large Frying Pan
- 4 Cups Fresh Organic Corn Equivalent to 5 to 6 Ears of Corn
- 3 tbsp Butter Vegan: Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 tbsp Flour
- ¾ cup Organic Milk Vegan: Unsweetened Hemp Milk
- 1½ tsp Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt
- ½ tsp Redmond's Real Salt
- ¼ tsp White Pepper Black Pepper is fine if you don't have white
Shuck and wash corn cobs paying attention to removal of the silk.
Remove corn from cob by cutting off the end and standing the cob up perpendicular to the cutting board. Slice downward to release kernels. Set aside.
Add butter to pan on medium heat.
Once butter is melted add in corn, flour and seasonings, stirring constantly.
Add milk then stir making sure the flour completely dissolves into the liquid without lumping.
Reduce heat to low, stir frequently to ensure the corn does not stick to the pan.
Cook for about 20 minutes and serve.