Lamb Chop Herb Salad
I know plenty of friends and family have ventured onto planes, trains and automobiles to travel long distances, within the nation at least, but I decided early on after listening to Dr. Fauci, I will not travel anywhere until 2021. And I’m quite satisfied with the decision, one reason is because the public has become so unpleasant. Running home to a Lamb Chop Herb Salad is some balm.
I grew up in Arizona, nevertheless I am almost always “othered” when I venture out in public. People assume I am not from here when in fact it is they that are not from Arizona. Arizona is the type of state that seems to attract people from the Midwest, often older, White retirees who are astonished to discover BIPOC people live here too. A woman almost knocked me down yesterday to lock her dilapidated van when she noticed I was stepping outside of an overcrowded waiting room. While no car snob, my first was an Alfa Romeo. Racists see Black skin only, not our pedigrees, nor degrees, homes, cars nor accomplishments.
George Floyd’s death has brought racists out of their hovels. Certainly some White people are learning from the moment in history; they seem to be realizing if we don’t up end the status quo of racial discrimination by the very people whose salaries we pay, the police and government in general, our nation, really the entire world is headed for disaster. Former Presidential Republican candidate Herman Cain died today from Covid19 – yes, Black people can be biased against Black people too. If you don’t want to die by the sword embrace change. Then enjoy a Lamb Chop Herb Salad with a little Healthy Ranch Dressing on top.
Lamb Chop Herb Salad
- Cutting Board
- Paring Knife
- Baking Dish or Ziploc Bag
- Large Salad Bowl
- Large Frying Pan or Grill Pan
- 4 Lamb Chops Thawed in refrigerator
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves Finely sliced or minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary Substitute dried if fresh is not available
- 1 tsp Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt
- 1/2 tsp Spike Seasoning
- 1/8 Lemon Freshly squeezed juice
- 2 Cups Organic Raw Spinach
- 2 Cups Organic Arugula
- 1 Cup Organic Italian Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Organic Heirloom Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cucumbers Sliced or chopped
- 1/4 Cup Organic Red Onions Sliced or chopped
- Rinse thawed chops under cool water from the faucet. Shake off excess water and place into baking dish or large plastic bag.
- Add next 5 ingredients to chops distributing evenly.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap (or close plastic bag securely) and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- In order for the meat to reach room temperature, remove chops from refrigerator at least one hour before cooking.
- Wash and chop the last 6 ingredients. Dry fruit and vegetables then arrange into large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Heat frying pan to medium.
- Place lamb chops in the hot frying pan and cook approximately 6 minutes. Turn over and cook 6 minutes on the opposite side.
- Remove chops from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate chop on top of or alongside salad. Serve with Healthy Ranch Salad Dressing.
11 thoughts on “Lamb Chop Herb Salad”
This was a hit for my husband! He couldn’t stop raving about how tender and flavorful this dish was along with crunch and freshness of the salad. He gobbled up his plate and took leftovers to work.
I’m definitely making this lamb chop salad again. And I have to agree, certain neighborhoods and even cities are notoriously racist. I was once asked if I could go clean someone’s house when a neighbor saw me outside doing my yard work.
The lamb was so tender and juicy and went perfectly with the salad. We had it for dinner and ate the rest for lunch the next day!
Omg! I’m running to the store to pick up my lamb now. This looks amazing!
Your instructions were so easy to follow! My lamb turned out delicious! I will be making this again and again
This lamb salad came out so delicious. I’ll definitely be adding this recipe to my regular rotation!
Thanks, I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
This meal was perfect for me as I’m cutting down on carbs at the moment. The lamb was seasoned perfectly too!
I’ve been doing low carb dinners a few times a week and this was perfect for last night’s meal. Thank you.
I’m glad you liked it Jazz!